The International University Institute for European Studies (IUIES) was founded in 2000 and is an international university consortium among the:
- Universities of Trieste
- Eötvös Loránd of Budapest
- Babes-Bolyai of Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- Comenius of Bratislava
- Jagiellonian of Kraków
- MGIMO of Moscow
- NovaGoricaUniversity and the
- Institute of International Sociology of Gorizia (Italy)
- Mugla Sitki Kocman University (Turkey)
- TOVAK - Turkish Community Services Foundation
In its mission statement, the Consortium aims to carry out scientific studies and researches and to encourage the international academic co-operation and forms professionals and scholars in some of the most significant fields of the New Europe.
The Consortium organises every academic year three postgraduate programmes:
- "PhD Trans-border Policies for the Daily Life" (180 credits)
- "Ma Communication Methods in European Policy making" (120 credits)
- "Ma International Peace Operators" (120 credits)
offering a variety of courses led by international Professors, scholars and experts from various European Union DGs and international NGOs.
A variety of EU, Central-Eastern European, Asian, African and North American countries are represented in our student professor, researcher body which contributes to the I.U.I.E.S international scope.